Saturday, January 21, 2012

Untitled 206


Pastel on UArt, approx. 5" x 5.5".

Art purchase inquiries: please email me: jala [at] jalapfaff [dot com].
-----
Rumi update: the reason for his weight loss is still a mystery. Poor skinny little guy. The ultrasound showed nothing out of the ordinary (and he now sports a shaved pink tummy), though it ruled out quite a few possibilities. I'm currently waiting for results from an additional blood test, to see if he has a rare condition called pancreatic insufficiency. We're running out of hypotheses...

The vet also suggested doing a dewormer on Rumi just in case, and since I have to do the process with Rumi, I figured I might as well do the same dewormer with Fennec, since Fennec has had mysterious abdominal ailments (bloating, diarrhea) pretty much since we got him. The deworming is meds mixed with their food three days in a row, then wait two weeks, then another three days in a row. And yes, they both were dewormed before, but apparently it can be a good thing to do several times.



Fennec and Gadjo share a nap kind of afternoon.



-----
Me update: the divorce stuff is difficult and I can't really say anything about it here because The Husband sometimes reads my blog.

Still looking for a place to live avec animolecules, and a place to do art. Sigh. A lot of work/time put into the search so far, and it's still fruitless.
-----

In Bihar, India.


More art on my website: jalapfaff.com

5 comments:

ELFI said...

courage!

Gabrielle said...

I'm both happy and sorry that Rumi's ultrasound didn't turn up anything. Hang in there on all fronts.

Karen Bruson said...

You can come stay with me in NH. I have lots of room for painting and kitties.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Jala, I have never seen such bonded animals.
I can vouch for Karen Bruson's offer. We live in New England and there's plenty of room here.
Maybe a change of scenery ?

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Oh, Karen is wonderful!!!
I think of you Jala dear and hope for a good turn to come your way.
Your animals are adorable !!