Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Untitled 205


Pastel on UArt, approx. 3" x 9".

Art purchase inquiries: please email me: jala [at] jalapfaff [dot com].
-----
 Does this look comfortable?

 Or this?

Rumi update: His bloodwork showed that it's not a thyroid problem, not a blood sugar problem, not a heart problem (the three top guesses, previously) but that for some unknown reason(s), he has inflammation in his intestines and/or pancreas and he is not able to absorb his food/nutrients properly, so he is hungry all the time, eats, but keeps losing weight. Why would this have started just a few months ago? I have no idea. He is having an ultrasound of his innards tomorrow. Hopefully we'll get some info from that. 

You know what's sad? He's not allowed to eat anything after 10 tonight, all the way 'till the ultrasound's finished late tomorrow afternoon. And he's hungry all the time! Poor baby.

Good luck to the ultrasound people to to keep him from wiggling during the whole procedure. Rumi is a perpetual motion machine. Maybe they tranquilize kitties for ultrasounds? It seems they would have to.
-----

In India.


More art on my website: jalapfaff.com

3 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Hi Jala,

I just found your blog and that stunning pastel piece at the top of this post and had to stop for a look-see. Then - be still my heart - pictures of kitties!!! Art and cats? Well, I'm hooked.

I hope that things go well with your cat Rumi's ultrasound. It's so hard not knowing what is wrong.

I also read your post about the rude comment left on one of your pieces at the cafe show. What is wrong with people??? I guess putting someone else down makes them feel superior and then they don't have to face their own unhappiness. It's recess in elementary school all over again. I'm sorry you had to be the brunt of that. It hurts like hell, but the problem is with them, not you. You just keep making art and posting it on your blog so WE can enjoy it.

I love all of your photos of India, too.

Jala Pfaff said...

Gabrielle - Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm happy you discovered my blog and that you also love art and kitties. :) The ultrasound was negative, by the way--it's still a mystery at this point what is making him lose weight.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

WHAT? Let me kick the #@*&%$ out of whomever left a rude comment. Gabrielle is right one about people like that.
Sending healing thoughts to Rumi.
LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors in this photo!!