Friday, December 24, 2010

Last-minute recession-proof holiday gift guide

1. Consider the gift of a scarf! It's warm, comes in many coordinating colors*, can be worn in many different positions**, and best of all, not only is it free, you already have one!***

*Earth tones only. No fluorescents.
**Applies to cats only.
***Does not apply to Manx.




2. Food!* It's free**.

*Must like dry dog kibble.
**If you know where to steal it.




3. A cozy place* to nap!

*Must be able to reach The Husband's top closet shelf. Ability appears to be limited to young slim adults of feline species.



4. A cardboard box* and some brown packing paper. They'll provide hours of entertainment and they're free!**

*The guy in the brown clothes with dog cookies in his pocket delivers them from time to time.
**Previous purchase of art supplies required.



5. Dried catnip. It's free!*

*Must know where it grows in the summer and have a human put some in a jar for winter use.



6. A friend.* It's free!**

*Use caution when piling up more than one.
**Moderate risk of asphyxiation.






Have a warm, furry, purry holiday.*

*May apply to any holiday. Alternatively, you may experience a warm, furry, purry Solstice kind of time.


More art on my website: jalapfaff.com

10 comments:

Shelley Smart said...

Thank you for this cheerful gift guide! I know of some of those very gifts right here in this house, just ready for gifting!

Happy Holidays!

Janelle Goodwin said...

Happy Holidays to you, Jala. And thank you for sharing your animals with us this year!

loriann signori said...

Hi Jala! Love your gift guide. Have a wonderful, warm, furry, purry holiday!

Bonnie Luria said...

Clever you, funny you, writer you, robotic kitty owner you, ( wait, you mean those kitties are R-E-A-L? )
I am smitten by your kittens. Your entire household is beguiling and you are the most well timed chronicler of blogdom.

I want a poster of this blog post!!

Happy, Seasonal Greetings Jala to you and the ghost kitties, and doggies and Cleo and Lynx.

******* word verification****** kid you not:
cleoromp

Sonya Johnson said...

First time I've had a chance to get online since we left on Wed...another delightful collection of animolecules bringing smiles to the reader's faces.

I hope you are having a relaxing time during the holidays and are fully recovered from your flu.

Kitty hugs for everyone!

SamArtDog said...

This picture of Rumi's yawn absolutely kills me! I think I hurt myself laughing. Paws down, my favorite photo of a cat EVER!

Jala Pfaff said...

Thanks, Shelley. Good gifts. And cheap.

Janelle, happy holidays to you too!

Bonnie - "Cleoromp"??!! How funny!! Next time I comment on your blog, wonder if my word verification will be "cloudprance" or perhaps "chilisnuggle."Thanks for your words, glad you liked the post. I actually was thinking after I wrote it, hmm, wonder what Bonnie will think of this one...

Hi Sonya, thanks. The fatigue part of the virus has not yet departed, but pretty much all the other symptoms have (the sinus congestion hung on for a good long while). So hopefully soon I'll be able to get back in the studio. It's been ages. Hope your Xmas trip is going well.

Sam - Well, then, you have The Husband to thank, because it's his photo. Notice I didn't credit him.

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Hi Jala! I love the photos of piles of animolecules -- they look so cozy and warm. Looks like your gifts were all free this year!

Ann Reyes said...

Jala, I always enjoy your animolecule pictures!!! Thanks for the gift guide... I wish my 3 cats would cuddle like yours! I also loved your tiny sculptures. Have a Happy New Year!

ArtPropelled said...

Oh my word...these two are attached at the hip!