Sunday, February 8, 2009

Trees for Casey




Those of you who know Casey Klahn's work (and in his case, to know is definitely to admire) will get a kick out of this little work and its title. He's been doing what he calls Tree School, and I think I had some "tree school" wandering around my subconscious as I did this--not specific guidelines like he offers, but perhaps just the idea of trees... This was really fun, especially as I often do my own abstract work quite geometrically, and this was about curves and movement.

More art on my website: jalapfaff.com

3 comments:

Casey Klahn said...

Even more than the cool name, I really love that you cut loose on this "trees" image. Intriguing red, too.

loriann signori said...

Jala, This pastel has the most interesting effect of appearing to turn to wrap around, most apparent on the right bottom. I kept staring at that. Cool.

Jala Pfaff said...

Casey - "Cutting loose..." That's definitely what it was.

Loriann - Unintentional but interesting.