Monday, February 9, 2009

Tagged / Loriann's Vista




I've been tagged by wonderful artist Loriann Signori, who paints this scene or one like it every day, come snow, sunshine, or frozen fingers. With her permission I borrowed a photo of one of her typical vistas and did my own take on it, hence the title of this work, Loriann's Vista.

By the rules of tagging, I tell you who tagged me, then I will tell you 5-7 things about myself...and then tag 5-7 more artists and let them know about it in a comment I leave on their blog. It's a fun way to get more blog traffic love spread around. :)

Here goes: 

1. I can't tolerate closed shoes. I wear clogs or sandals 95% of the time. (When it's cold, I add socks to the clogs scenario.)

2. I have severe arachnophobia. Although it's not really fear per se, but a primal disgust that I feel upon glimpsing a spider. My youngest cat, my little Cleo, EATS spiders when I call her, making her by the far the most specialized and appreciated cat I've ever had.

3. I'm the author of the novel Seducing the Rabbi, as well as another novel about orchids which is still looking for a publisher.

4. I used to do capoeira.

5. I watch science and nature documentaries far more than Hollywood movies.

6. I was born with black hair, then that fell out and I had auburn hair as a toddler, which gradually turned blond for childhood, which then gradually turned brown, and is now turning gray.

7. When I was little I'd always say, "I'm never going to have kids. I'd rather have kittens!" which of course would amuse adults to no end, who would always say the same thing: "You'll change your mind, dear."   I have four cats and zero children. Now who was right?

Artists I'm tagging (I'm trying to choose different ones than last time):

S.P. Goodman
Sherrie York
Trevor Lingard
Kathy Weber

More art on my website: jalapfaff.com

6 comments:

Kathy Weber said...

Nice mood and color! Thanks for the tag.

Casey Klahn said...

"...far more edgy and intellectual than chick lit," says Amazon.

I also looked up capoeira - you do some fascinating things, Jala!

Carolyn Finnell said...

I just read the wikipedia entry on capoeira and I still don't know what it is, but it sounds interesting. Must be one of those things you have to see.

Jala Pfaff said...

Kathy - thanks, and enjoy your tag. :)

Casey, Carolyn - Thanks for coming by the blog. You've helped remind me to make Capoeira and Seducing the Rabbi into links, not just statements. Carolyn, you definitely have to see it--check out some YouTube video links or such.

loriann signori said...

I enjoyed your facts Jala. I am not surprised that you are an interesting and versatile woman. And believe me I understand about the cats. Do you ever feel in danger of becoming a cat woman with 80 plus cats? I do.
I can't believe it- my view!!!!!! I love it. Soft and cool.I love that you did this.Thanks!
Loriann

Jala Pfaff said...

Loriann - I am ALWAYS in danger of becoming an "old cat lady." At one time (this is so embarrassing) we had NINE. But that was definitely too many, so we found new homes for some.
I had a fun time imagining you seeing this blog post, "Loriann's Vista," and recognizing your own view. :) Thanks for the use of the photo. I did a couple of others but not sure if I like them yet.