Monday, July 11, 2011

Untitled 140


Pastel on UArt, approx. 3.5" x 5".
-----
A very relaxed Lynxie.



Fennec is getting absolutely enormous. He has doubled in size/weight since we got him and never stops eating. I think he's going to be a very big boy--probably not as gigantic as Lynx (who will be weighed next week at his annual at the vet's...I'm curious what he will weigh. I'm guessing possibly 18 pounds?), but bigger than all the rest of the cats. 

Fennec is a super happy and very playful boy. He loves everyone--dog, cat, human. It was funny to see him when he first met the dogs, though. I don't know if he'd ever seen one before, but he hissed at each one of them. When they didn't react, you could see him instantly think, "Oh, okay, no big deal." 


-----


Another shot of the aerial dancers at Golconda Fort, Hyderabad, India.

More art on my website: jalapfaff.com

4 comments:

Sandy Byers said...

Jala, I drool over the color combinations in your paintings. Thank you, too, for posting your beautiful photographs!

ELFI said...

ces chats lovés dans de magnifique tissus ..

Double "D" said...

Jala, you're painting so fast I can't keep up.
I really like this series. Really like #136 ... to me it looks like the leading edge of foam as a wave comes a shore. These aerial dancers are quite crazy.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I'm loving your pastels. Slammin' color harmony and depth.
I would not do as well with my work if I had personal issues. Everything tends to fall off if things aren't going well.
I commend you for your focus.