Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pastel memories


Our art materials instructor, Michelle Philip, a year or two ago, had us make pastels by hand. It was really fun, though a lot of physical (hand, wrist, arm) labor, too--kind of like dealing with a really stiff bread dough.  At the time we made them, I had never used pastels before, and I made these really funky, ultimately somewhat unusable shapes. Michelle had a good laugh when she saw them. They turned out beautifully, in terms of texture, softness, and color, if not in form.


More art on my website: jalapfaff.com

2 comments:

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

If I leave the first comment, do I get a free painting?

David Lobenberg said...

I think that I've left the 3rd comment. I want that painting I saw on your web site of a pair of men's shoes. Do I have to pay for postage?