Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Untitled 45


Untitled 45, Oil on linen, 18" x 36".
For purchase information, please email me: jala{at}jalapfaff{.com}.

Pulling out paintings for Open Studios, I realized I have some slightly older oil paintings that, one way or another, never made it onto the blog. This is one.

And a reminder: this weekend is your last chance to come visit for Boulder Open Studios 2012!

-----



I watched as Fennec came and sat right on top of a sleeping Gadjo. By the time I got the camera, Gadjo was attempting to escape, his back end still all squished out flat under Fennec's bulk.

By the way, I wanted to share that Rumi is doing better lately. For the first time, he has put on a few ounces instead of continuing to lose! I hadn't wanted to say anything until now, because although he has been feeling a bit more "solid" to me lately, I was afraid it was just wishful thinking that he felt a little heavier. I had bought a cat scale, but until today (when I brought him to the vet for a reweigh), I didn't know if the scale I got was accurate. 

I am really hoping that this means he'll continue to improve and that it's the single-protein diet that's finally making a difference (the assumption would be that he has IBD). Cancer is still possible, but fortunately, it's looking less and less likely that it could be FIP! Rumi, thank you for being a fighter. I'm grateful every day that you're up to your usual crazy, often obnoxious antics, and for the love you and your little best buddy share.


More art on my website: jalapfaff.com

No comments: