Monday, October 8, 2012

This weekend is the last Open Studios 'till next year!


Well the first weekend of Open Studios has come and gone. I didn't get as many visitors out here in Gunbarrel as I used to get in north Boulder, but it wasn't bad. 

Please come by for a visit this coming weekend, your last chance for Boulder Open Studios 2012!

Here's a couple of photos of Fennec as strangers were filling the apartment. You can see how utterly terrified he was:

Noise and strangers tromping in all day... Fennec slept through it all. He was literally in the middle of the room like this, in a kitty coma, all through both days. He didn't even open his eyes when strangers came in, sat down on the sofa next to him, and rubbed his tummy. He just purred a bit, smiled, and curled up his feets to show his contentment.

(As you may have guessed, Rumi was the ambassador/Master of Ceremonies of Open Studios at my apartment, Mojito was the announcer, Fennec found it all to be one big lullaby, and Gadjo hid under the bed.)

-----

Last Wednesday the weather forecasters were actually spot-on, and it dropped fifty degrees or so in a few hours, to the point where I had to find the box containing my parka, wool hat, mittens, etc. It snowed. It was realllllly cold for about four or five days.

So, Wednesday, I turned on the thermostat for the first time since I moved in here in June and...nothing. No heat. Nada.

I have very bad karma for these things. The heat anywhere I'm living always malfunctions when I'm home alone, and it usually also happens at night or on a weekend, when you can't get someone to come take a look at it.

Two space heaters to the rescue. (I got someone out here late Friday afternoon and they fixed the furnace problem. Today is the first day the temperature outside got back to normal.) The kitties baked themselves near the space heaters pretty much full-time:



...And also practiced group warmth.

More art on my website: jalapfaff.com

3 comments:

Shelley Smart said...

I so hope the Open House was good for you! I wished I could have made it to Boulder for the show this year! I got to visit Boulder one time in the fall a few years ago and just loved seeing all the art!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Your animolecules are the cutest. I wish we could have just a touch of the calm that your cats exhibit in this house!
How'd the open studios go?
xo

David Larson Evans said...

Fennec has it made