Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Untitled 119


Pastel on PastelMat, approx. 2.5" x 4".

The first two days of the festival went well, but the third day we didn't get rained out as expected, but rather wind-ed out. The infamous Boulder wind apparently blew down the tent, the whole display, signage, etc., and most vendors had to pack up and give up on hopes of a third day of sales.

I wasn't even there to help pick everything up--I was, quite unfortunately, busy being a migraineur at home--but fortunately, my friend was there at the time and was able to help.
----


From the Baby Gadjo archives. They were two peas in a pod from the first moment.

Gadjo's little body looks so squeezable. Sigh.


-----



In India. Homemade loom weights.


More art on my website: jalapfaff.com

3 comments:

Casey Klahn said...

The colors in this pastel are subtle, skillful and poignant at the same time. Wonderful.

Thanks for the scare story before my art fair. One year it rained out - we had all of our art in the middle of the tents covered with tarps it rained buckets and gallons!

irinapictures said...

This photo from India is so exact and touching. That's how I feel about them - naive, smart, philosophical, indifferent, every time they showed mixture of unmixable. Thank you Jala.
Should I say how I wait for your cats every new post? Or how your pastels inspire? Great blog, high level.

Jala Pfaff said...

Hi Casey, thank you, glad you like it.
Nothing like a festival horror story, huh? Don't worry, though, ours was due to Boulder's always-excessive winds, which are notorious.

Hi Irina - Thank you so much. And I love knowing there are people out there who look forward to seeing my kitties! You know, your description of the Indian character really resonates with me.