Sunday, August 16, 2009

Couch inhabitant


I have been painting--furiously, even (unlike this small furry couch-corner inhabitant). But it's all been "putting on layers" onto abstracts, so nothing to show yet. I also just started (i.e., put my first layer onto) the largest piece I've ever attempted (40" x 60"); the blank canvas stared at me and intimidated me for a month. It's better once you actually get going on it.

I changed my blog subtitle to reflect the fact that I enjoy posting pics of my "animolecules" as much as I enjoy posting my art. Well, animals are art, too.

More art on my website: jalapfaff.com

4 comments:

r garriott said...

Yes, they are(animals are art, too)! Good luck with the big canvas. I love a big canvas.

Anonymous said...

Now if that were me, I'd have a very sore neck after my nap.
I'll be looking forward to some abstracts!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Good luck with your newest piece 40" x 60" is great!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I love all your paintings, and your abstracts are my favorites of anyone's! I get a kick out of your animolecules, so don't ever neglect sharing them with us. ;)