Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Square 9


Square 9.  Pastel.  Approx. 4" x 4".  Purchase information: jala [at] jalapfaff [dot com]

-----

Okay, this really freaked me out.  My vet always sends out postcards to their clients when their animal is due for a vaccination or a checkup.  They're always postcards of animals.

But yesterday this arrived (see pic below). When I first took it out of my mailbox, I glanced quickly and thought, Oh, now they're sending postcards with the same breed as what I have, that's kind of fun.  Then I kept looking...and staring...and staring... until I finally realized, Wait, that's not just a Golden, that's my dog.

I actually think what they've done is hilarious, and don't mind a bit.  But it makes me feel a teeny bit weird. I suppose it's as if someone took a picture of your child in secret, without your permission, and then later you were surprised by the photo.


-----


They who must never be separated.


More art on my website: jalapfaff.com

2 comments:

Shelley Smart said...

ah, my vet has photos of all my pets (that I have had here) and their pics are on all the statements! Now just the dog, of course, but I like it. Except Greta always has a look of apprehension like they're about to do something bad to her! Like, what the f-@& are they doing?!

Hope you're enjoying your "breaking bad" marathon! I also hope the New Year is good to you!

I've picked out a frame for your painting that I have but the framer was so busy, I told him I could wait until next week! Will send photo when I get it!

Shelley Smart said...

PS I like your new painting! Quite wintry!