Thursday, January 8, 2009

Cyclops


I was just doing a quick color experiment last night (I haven't liked the palettes I've tried so far for alla prima portraits, so I'm going to start experimenting in future ones), and I did a really quick oil sketch of an eye, which I just loved and thought I'd share here. The colors in real life are extremely varied and interesting looking.

P.S. The wildfire is still burning, but fortunately for my neighborhood, it hasn't moved south at all.

More art on my website: jalapfaff.com

4 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Let's hope your neighborhood remains unscathed! Skin is soooo hard to nail - you did a good job, here. I like the title, too!

susan hong-sammons said...

wonderful study. Thanks for showing some of your thought/creating process too.

SamArtDog said...

Great minds think in color.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

very good. Doing color experiments is good exercise.