Thursday, January 3, 2013

Struck down by migraines

Near-constant migraines lately. Don't know why, just wish they would go away. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when or why they strike. Today is yet another migraine day, but I didn't want you all to go too long without a dose of my animolecules!



You can see how Moji's chin is turning gray, now that he's a "senior" Golden. Awwww. It's so hard for me to believe he's almost 8 years old (this spring). In my mind, he's sort of permanently around 5 years old, who knows why.

He hasn't slowed down much yet though, in terms of fetching tennis balls! 
-----
So I got a few more lab results back. My cholesterol and triglycerides are atrocious and the numbers terrify every doctor that's ever seen them. But it's always been high, and my father and brother also have always had high cholesterol. I have a theory that if it's a genetic thing, it's not necessarily gonna kill ya. But of course I could be wrong. 

(The odd thing, to me, is that my blood pressure has always been totally normal.)

The doc at the clinic wants me to take a statin. Any of you have any experience with them? The last thing I want, frankly, is to add yet more meds to my regime, with yet more side effects.

More art on my website: jalapfaff.com

1 comment:

Shelley Smart said...

No knowledge about statins, although my husband has taken them for 25 years. It did lower his cholesterol and probably prolonged his life, and perhaps there have been some long term side effects-- but no one is certain about that. But he is still alive so...

So what is it with the migraines? "June Gardens" has had a week of migraines, too. You might compare notes with her. It must be totally incapacitating. I wish I could make you feel better, that there was some magic pill. Get better soon!

Thanks for the animolecule photos! Love the cat-in-the-basket.

Oh, yeah, the vet bill will be exactly $600 for ear surgery. Great. We're stalling.