Saturday, February 25, 2012

Untitled 35 (oil)


Oil on linen, 30" x 40".

Art purchase inquiries: please email me: jala [at] jalapfaff [dot com].


I'm having way too much fun with this style. Someone better come arrest me or something. :)  Using up a lot of paint, though (and at this rate, will be using up all my big canvases, too. Have to get on DickBlick very soon.


One thing I like about how these come out is their jewel-like quality, kind of like stained glass. Or at least that's how they look to me. A lot of you liked the first one, the one in the previous post. Somehow I have the feeling this style will be more commercially desirable. What do you think?
-----
Fennec when a bit younger, provoking Lynxie into wrestling.

The ears of annoyance, demonstrated by Gadjo.
-----

Charminar in Hyderabad, India.

More art on my website: jalapfaff.com

9 comments:

Mona Diane Conner said...

this is beautiful Jala, I say keep going with these, esp. since you are enjoying so much!

SamArtDog said...

Yeow! Smokin!

What are you smoking, anyway?

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Yes these are commercially viable. I'd connect with an interior designer about using them in model homes as a venue for sales.
I love this kind of art. Beautiful color harmony, Jala.
Those cats are just adorable ;)

Jala Pfaff said...

Mona - Thanks very much. I'll definitely be doing some more in this style.

Sam - Ain't smokin' nuthin'. Jus' havin' fun. I'm a colorholic.

Mary - Thanks much. I wonder why it is that some styles are so much more popular with the public.

Don Gray said...

Nice, Jala. I like this and the previous painting a lot.

Debora L Stewart said...

Yes you should keep going on these. I see your small color "experiments" paying off on these larger pieces. Lots of possibilities.

Janelle Goodwin said...

I'm loving your newest style of painting. These look happy, intriguing and inviting. I'm running out of adjectives!

Kathye said...

I LOVE the new artworks! Incredible! Your use of color is amazing! Please give us more!
You are an amazing artist!!!

Jala Pfaff said...

Thanks, everyone, again, really. I have started another one of this style and size, but I ran out of steam today. I may be able to finish it tomorrow, and post soon thereafter.