Saturday, February 4, 2012

Untitled 210


Pastel on UArt, approx. 5" x 5.5".

Art purchase inquiries: please email me: jala [at] jalapfaff [dot com].
-----
The other day I was panicking because realtors had been in the house and I thought they had let Rumi out, because I couldn't find him. 

With his eyes closed, he had been completely camouflaged:


We got a record February snowfall, at least a foot and a half. 
And some scary cat-claw icicles:



I'm so glad I got this little heated cat shelter for Cleo (photo below). I heard about it from someone else who has a mostly-outdoor cat, and I ordered it from Amazon. I think it was smart of the designer to make sure there are two exits, in case of a predator approaching. You plug it in and the floor heats just a bit, apparently the equivalent of a 40-watt lightbulb. I put my hand on it and it feels warm, but not hot.


I never have to worry about her now if I can't find her at night to bring her in, or if the temperature or weather turns very bad and I'm not around to go look for her (I do try to make her come in at night if it's below, say, 30F). She's happy as a toasty little clam in there. It also helps cut down on the amount of friction between her and Gadjo in the house (she used to bully him when he was little, now he bullies her every time she comes in and drives her crazy), since she is now spending even less time indoors than she used to.


Some afternoons I see both Cleo and Miss Lemon squeezed in there (they pretty much just fit perfectly, the two of them together), looking quite content.
-----
 In India.


More art on my website: jalapfaff.com

2 comments:

loriann signori said...

Hi Jala,
I know what you mean about the fear of a missing cat. Those rascals are so tricky. Love the outside cat house. I hope you are well.
As for the pastel...I love the way the layers sit on top and the lines even more. Different than your others..hide and seek with sharp edges.

Jala Pfaff said...

Hi Loriann, I agree, this pastel does feel different than my usual. Yes, kitties are very sneaky and a door open just a crack can be so dangerous. Doesn't Cleo look cute in her little house?