Saturday, August 22, 2009

Wyndham's people



Artist-neighbor-friend Sam sure does have some fun little things to paint over at her house across the street. I don't really even like knicknacks, but when I saw the skateboard dog (a recent post) and these guys, I just had to paint them. I asked for the story on these and she told me these little carved wooden guys (they're about 1.5 inches tall in person) come from her husband's family heritage. Hence, these must be "Wyndham's people."


Sold.




Oh so sleeeeepy...

More art on my website: jalapfaff.com

5 comments:

TSL said...

Jala, I love all these last posts since I last commented, too cute, and love the koi, it is all delightful!

Gwen Bell said...

Love the composition! They look like they are in a serious conversation with Mrs. Wyndham having a strong lead. Those great long shadows (with her's being the larger) add to the sense of impending shouting and a possible assault with a rolling pin.

suzanneberry said...

i love this! great comp and palate!

Karen said...

Somehow in this small painting you managed to capture their scale really effectively...they feel like they're really small and in the really big space. Makes for an interesting 'read' of the painting: where are they going? why did they stop here? what are they talking about? etc. feels like something serious is going on.

Sheila Vaughan said...

Colours are superb in 'Wyndham's people' and the composition so interesting.