Monday, November 30, 2009

Redheaded model


A little experimenting with the PastelMat (from a few weeks ago). I at first did this sharper and clearer, but wasn't satisfied with it. So I took a tissue to the whole thing, intending to obliterate it, but I liked the out-of-focus soft look that resulted.






Squished and happy.

I'll be taking Rumi this week to an animal ophthalmologist (I hadn't known there was such a thing) to get an expert (and expensive) opinion on his continuing eye problems. (But don't worry, he's a ridiculously happy and thriving kitten in spite of it.)

Sold
More art on my website: jalapfaff.com

8 comments:

Mona Diane Conner said...

A lovely dreamy figure Jala.

loriann signori said...

Perfect solution Jala. You knew what the painting needed. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

the details are suggested through the haze, very effective. good work Jala!

Gwen Bell said...

Great job on this figure! Her lines are so elegantly beautiful. That style is great too. Reminds me of something David Larson Evans would paint. I've been bugging him to reveal how he creates that dreamy look and here you did it own your own.

SamArtDog said...

Unusual (lately) to see a living breathing from you. Nice!

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic! Love the softness.

Janelle Goodwin said...

This painting is mystical and soft. Really lovely!

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

The out of focus is very appealing.