Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Untitled 286



I've had almost no time lately to paint, but I've done a few small pastel works.  I'm excited about this one, because not only do I really like it, but it's also kind of a new direction for me.

Untitled 286.  Pastel.  Approx. 4" x 6".   
Purchase information: jala [at] jalapfaff [dot com]
-----



Fennec has his head shot. He's ready for any auditions that might come his way.

I haven't blogged for a while... My life feels completely crazy juggling so many things. I'm kind of exhausted lately.
-----
The other day I went by a client's (I guess technically I'm supposed to call her one of my collectors, but that always sounds so pretentious to me) to drop off a couple of small paintings she is considering.

I got to see a bunch of my art in situ. Her house is so perfect for my pieces--she has an ultra-modern house with all white walls and a ton of light.

Here's one of my oils on linen. It's 36" x 36" (looks small! Her wall spaces are seriously massive).  She bought it about three years ago, before my divorce:


And here is my group of small white paintings, oil and cold wax on museum panel. They are 6" x 6" each and she bought them last year. She has them in a little alcove with this awesome bench. So perfect:

She has good taste, don't you think? ;)

More art on my website: jalapfaff.com

4 comments:

Shelley Smart said...

She has GREAT taste! And you are right, the colors are more vibrant on Blogger! Looking forward to see where you take your art next!

L.Holm said...

Your work looks phenomenal "in situ." Her home is perfect for your work, and vice versa. Love your new pastel.
Hi, Fennec!

Caroline Simmill said...

Your work looks beautiful in the home of the buyer of your works. Your latest painting is really lovely. Fennec is looking so well!

Jyoti said...

Very nice. like your style and blog :)
www.fineartandyou.com