Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Untitled 172 (Key Lime Pie)


Pastel on UArt, approx. 5" x 6".
-----
Things are still bad, as you can imagine. But...(cue dramatic music) the blog must go on! 

Oddly enough, I'm super creative in the studio right now. I have such a backlog of pastels now to post, I'm set for a long time. It's funny, I mentioned it to my acupuncturist when he asked about my creative energies at the moment, and he laughed and said another client of his who is also an artist, during the divorce process was also ultra-creative, but then once his life settled down again, his creative energy really waned. I told him he shouldn't have told me that. My take is, all the current riled-up energy is finding focus once a day, which is great.

I'm always amazed at how my blogger artist friends out there rally when any amongst us is having a tough time in their life. Thank you all. It is really helpful, all the emotional support.
-----



(Below) This is looking down at the floor in the kitchen while trying to cook. This is often the scene. It's hard not to step on him sometimes. He is such a total goof. He's also the only kitty I've ever had who finds the bustle of feet in the kitchen a great place to lie down, sprawl, and roll around.
-----


Random photo I took with my phone in the spring on the Pearl St. Mall. When I first moved to Boulder, I hung out there all the time. Now I rarely go, in fact kind of avoid it. It's just "where the tourists go" to me now.


More art on my website: jalapfaff.com

8 comments:

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

I've been catching up on your posts and am so sorry to read of your troubles. Please do take care of yourself and remember that this too will pass. You have the strength to get through this and come out in a much happier place. I will be thinking of you.

Sonya Johnson said...

I'm glad to see that you're still able to get in your studio and be creative during this rough time! Good for you.

Love the pile of sleeping cats. Thank goodness for them during the rough times in our lives.

Pam Holnback said...

Love the lime colors. A whole series of food could be done here. We used to live up there I remember when they built the mall.

ELFI said...

le dernier post..je ne pas tout compris.. mais j'espère que la vie va s'améliorer .. le pastel vert d'espoir!

Anonymous said...

Jala, so glad you are being creative....way to go! I always love photos of your kitties......

SamArtDog said...

Love this green. It makes me pucker. While you're doing pies, how about cherry? Ooo, and blooberry!

Double "D" said...

I haven't been lurking at all. I think this is the first time in months that I've actually written something.

Glad about the creative burst of energy and the key lime pie.

Doug

p.s. You should remove all pictures of the --- from your blog. He doesn't deserve to be seen.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Your colors are slamming and I always love your layered, well organized paintings, Jala and of course, your sweet animolecules. Sleepers all!

:D I like what Doug said about the --- :D
What the hell is he thinking?